Tuesday, November 26, 2013

NaNoWriMo Failure

Well, as I sigh heavily, I have decided I am a complete failure at NaNoWriMo this year.  I think I need to do some preliminary work before I can really participate fully.  At the very least, I need to have some idea about what I want to write.  I am going to pull some of my old writing out and retype it to get back in the mode.  In addition, I think I'm going to take up Chuck Windig's challenge, write 200 words for the beginning of the story, and then start a round-robin affair, where you take someone else's 200 words, add your own 200 words to make 400 words, then grab someone else's 400 words and wash and repeat.  I can write 200 words easily.

In addition, I have been doing some critiques of poetry on Goodread's Poetry group site.  I find I am actually pretty good at taking someone else's work and helping them improve it.  That gives me enough confidence that I might try my hand at writing some poetry as well.

But for now, the NaNoWriMo experiment is over for me, five days before the official cutoff date.  I'll just have to be satisfied with my 2,660 words rather than the expected 50,000.  (I am such an abject failure...wallow, wallow, wallow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment