Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sexist Propaganda

http://kelleyarmstrong.tumblr.com/post/62152842472/fucknosexisthalloweencostumes-shanxonian

Please view the above link before reading my response:

This is a travesty - are people so homophobic that they can't allow children (who at various ages are so eager and excited to try on new personas as they develop their own) to be creative in their own way?  When my 3-1/2-year-old son was chastised by his Aunt for using a dollhouse to play with his action figures (HeMan & SheRa), I taught him the phrase "That's sexist propaganda."  It came back to bite me proudly several times later - when at age 7, he accused a mother sponsoring a boy's birthday party that it was "sexist propaganda" not to allow the boy's sister to join the group; and to me, when he was 10 and wanted to get a pierced ear.  What can I say?  He got a pierced ear!

Today he is a heterosexual 30-year-old who is an advocate for LBGTs and all other human rights.  I am extremely proud of him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment