Monday, October 14, 2013

The Young Dubliners

The Young Dubliners are a Celtic rock band that occasionally plays live in the Boise area.  I fell in love with their music after hearing them play "Black and White" on the alternative radio station, KF95 "The River," in Boise, Idaho.  Even though it was late on a Thursday night and I'd worked past 7pm, their songs and interview made me convince my husband to come back downtown to hear them play at a free live concert.  They didn't even start to play until 11pm, but I stayed on my feet dancing (jumping up and down in place, per the other "Dubbers") until they shut the place down later that night at 2am.  The next day I was exhausted and my feet hurt, but I walked to the Record Exchange, an independent music shop 10 blocks from where I worked, and purchased the only two albums they had out at that time - "Rocky Road" and "Breathe."  It's nearly 20 years later, and I have everything they have ever recorded (nine albums), and I have never regretted hearing that song on the radio! 

They play a mix of old Irish tunes "rockified" and their own written songs.  Try giving them a listen at their website http://youngdubliners.com/ and see what you think.  


No comments:

Post a Comment